Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bolesławiec, Poland

After visiting Dresden, we headed over to Poland. We stayed in this village known as Bolesławiec. This area is known for its pottery...Mimi and I sure had fun perusing, shopping, and buying! {Matt was amazing and played outside with the kids so I could shop with no inhibitions!} I bought some beautiful plates and bowls. I wanted to collect something useful from the countries I visit, so I decided to start buying a dinner plate from every country I visit. I don't really have a set of dishes, and I thought this would be fun dinner conversation to talk about our European plates.
We stayed at The Blue Beetroot Hotel, another lovely place. The food was amazing {Fish and Chips, Perogies, and Pumpkin soup to die for}, the room had a place for all 7 of us {so fun}, and we even enjoyed riding donkeys and horses in the fields out back. {The kids are in LOVE with burros and horses by the way!} A couple from England reformed an old farm house to this wonderful bed and breakfast. I hope to go back to that very spot. Who knew Poland could be so enchanting.















3 comments:

Jenny G said...

I don't think you're ever going to be able to come back to the US and not be tourists! I love your plate idea and I can't wait to eat off them one day:)

Ammons Family said...

I love love love your plate idea! So clever! I am looking forward to all your post's. So fun! What a wonderful adventure.

The Reed Family Adventures said...

I ran across your blog when googling transport from Dresden to Boleslaweic. I am wondering wether you traveled by train, bus, or car. My husband is stationed in Heidelberg and I've heard that cars get stolen in Poland (and Czech Republic). Any tips on the easiest way to get there? Also, what was the name of the store that you went to for the pottery?