Saturday, March 27, 2010

the other pillow was lonely


so last night we rented the blind side, and it was so refreshing to watch a good, uplifting show! it made me think about the people that will come into my life that God will want me to help and hopefully i'll be in the right mindset to do so. also, a song came into my head that i sang in my teenage years at a church meeting about service called we are his hands. God can only work miracles through people. i'm glad to know there are still good people out there.

well, now to get off my tangent...while watching the movie i decided to try my hand at crocheting a pillow for the little couch. i did 24 rows of double crochet with the orange, and then created a giant mum with my base pattern from yarncat.com

this is why i can't sleep at night b/c i'm thinking about all the things i want to be making!

3 comments:

LaNell said...

I understand the desire to create and the inability to turn off your brain. I won't lecture you on sleeping, but I will advise that you try not to get too many projects going or you may end up with an office that looks like mine!

Tracy W. said...

Cute project! Not to sound like a dope, but did you use a purchased pillow form? Like, 12" or something like that? Are both sides crochet, or is the other side fabric? So many questions! I'd love to give it a go.

Tracy W. said...

oops - just realized I'm logged in with my library blogger ID... It's me, Tracy Whitney! lol