Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ireland, Day 1

So, Ireland for St. Patrick's day has been on my bucket list {and I don't even drink!} There is something about being somewhere when everyone is excited about the same thing. This trip did not disappoint! Matt let me head off with 6 other wonderful ladies, and we had the time of our lives! Well, on day 1 we went on a tour up the Irish west coast.

The first pictures you see were my favorite stop, and these are pictures of the Cliffs of Moher. They are breathtaking. The views were amazing and the historical tidbits of how the vikings were the first to take over Ireland were interesting.

Next are pictures taken in the town of Doolin which is famous for its music and its pubs. I had to try the fish and chips. I also purchased an Aran, Irish sweater. They are beautiful and made from the sheep's wool right there in Ireland. I bought a green cable knit.

Next you'll see pictures of the Bunratty castle and the small village that surrounds it. Don't you just love the chickens walking around and the thatched houses?

The next pictures are of the beautiful Irish countryside that we drove through. I couldn't get over how beautifully green everything was. The river pictured is the river Shannon {I loved the way the Irish said "Shannon"!}

The last picture is a night shot of our hotel: Bewley's Ballsbridge.