Friday, October 9, 2009

mmm, mmm, {hawaiian-style} good

my mom got this recipe from a gal at church who's from hawaii...after i made it my hubby said, "this is amazing stuff". it totally is...and it's low calorie too {wink, wink}. it's really easy to make, just lots of ingredients.


HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD
ingredients:
*3 ripe bananas, smashed
*1/3 C melted butter
*2-3 Tbs milk
*1 C sugar
*1 egg, beaten
*1 tsp vanilla
*1 tsp baking soda
*pinch of salt
*1 & 1/2 C flour
*2 handfuls coconut flakes
*2 handfuls of macadamia nuts
*2 handfuls milk chocolate chips

instructions:
*no need for a mixer for this recipe
*preheat oven to 350 degrees
*mix butter into the mashed bananas in large mixing bowl
*mix in milk
*mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla
*sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. add the flour last, mix.
*pour mixture into 1 buttered 4/8 loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
*add the coconut, macadamia nuts, & chocolate chips to the top and "fork-whirl" it around
*for large loaf, bake 1 hour & 15 min - 1 hour & 30 min
*for mini loafs, bake 30 min -50 min
*the bread should slightly crack at the top, and coconut will be dark brown...make sure you can stick a toothpick in and pull it out with nothing on it.
*cool for 15-20 min
*remove from pan and drizzle icing on top

icing:
*1/2 C - 3/4 C powdered sugar
*3-4 cap fulls of milk
*mix two together until the consistency is bright white and runs slowly off the spoon. add more powdered sugar or milk to reach desired consistency. Make sure it's not too runny b/c it won't stick to the bread.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Man! I wish I was your neighbor! That bread {and the cookies from the last post} look so yummy!!

Kristi said...

THAT looks fab!

BriAnne said...

Wow looks delicious! I don't know if I dare try them... :) Hey, are you doing the Santa pictures this year? If so, I totally want Summer to have her's taken! Let me know if you are and if you want me to put something on my blog again. :)

Kim said...

I am definitely making that bread. Your photo makes it look even better...